Owner Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When is my SC Housing loan payment due?
A: Payments are due on the 1st day of each month unless otherwise specified in the Mortgage Note you signed at closing. Late fees are assessed on the 17th of each month.

Q: Where do I mail my SC Housing loan payment?
A: Mail payments to: SC Housing, P.O. Box 63008, Charlotte, NC 28263-3008
Please make sure to include your loan number on your check or money order. To avoid late charges, make sure SC Housing receives your full payment on or before the due date indicated on your coupon.

Q: How do I order a payoff statement?
A: Payoff statement requests are made by contacting a Customer Service representative at 803.896.9521 or toll free at 800.476.0412 (choose Option 3). Please note that your principal balance is not a payoff quote. If you have more than one loan with SC Housing, separate payoff quotes are required for each loan. Payoff funds must be sent in the form of a money order, certified check, cashier’s check, or attorney’s escrow check. Personal checks will not be accepted for payoff. Third party agencies must send a written request for payoff with the borrower’s signed authorization to Customer Service by email at payoffs@schousing.com or by fax at 803.551.4973. NOTE - borrower authorizations must be wet signed (e-signatures not accepted) and dated within the past 30 days.

Q: I have lost my payment book, how do I order a new one?
A: Requests for replacement books can be emailed to us at servicing@schousing.com or you may mail it to SC Housing, 300-C Outlet Pointe Blvd, Columbia, SC 29210. Please be sure to include your account number. There is a $5.00 fee for the replacement book that will be charged to your loan account. Do not delay payment while waiting for your replacement book. Simply write your loan number on your check or money order and mail it to: SC Housing, P.O. Box 63008, Charlotte, NC 28263-3008.

Q: How do I set up, make changes to, or stop an automatic recurring draft?
A: You can perform these actions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using our Borrower Portal or complete and sign the Auto Draft Authorization Form which is located under Resources. If the funds will be withdrawn from a joint account, all parties must sign. Send a voided check, along with the authorization form. Include a blank check from your account. Write “VOID” in the center of the check. The voided check allows us to activate your automatic payment plan with your bank. Mail the authorization form, along with your voided check, to: SC Housing, Attn: Mortgage Servicing, 300-C Outlet Pointe Blvd, Columbia, SC 29210.

Q: How do I change my mailing address?
A: Complete and sign the Mailing Address Change Form which is located in your coupon book and under Resources.

Q: When will I receive my annual 1098 for income tax filing purposes?
A: 1098 forms will be mailed by January 31 of each year.

Q: When will I receive my new payment book?
A: Payment books are sent annually by March 1 of each year.  

Q: When can I cancel the Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) on my loan?
A: Please review our PMI Disclosure information for full details on cancelling the PMI.

For additional questions please read New Homeowner Welcome Packet. To contact our office please refer to Contact Us.